Your Friends in Healthcare
Amberwell community health workers are ready to listen to YOU, to understand YOUR personal needs, and help you to meet your healthcare challenges. We can help with practical solutions to improve your health.
Helping you with:
- Food and/or medication
- Housing and/or utilities
- Insurance Coverage
- Social/Emotional Support
- Chronic disease management
- Preventive Education
- Live longer and reduce the impact of unresolved barriers to wellness
- Control Chronic Conditions to reduce the risk of complications and hospitalization
- Learn how to reduce or eliminate risk factors for chronic or acute conditions
- Spend less time in the ER
- Learn how to advocate for individual and family health needs
- Improve confidence and well-being
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a referral needed?
- No referral needed. Your doctor may refer you, or you may enroll independently.
What is the cost?
- There is no cost for engaging with our team for social resources and informal counseling.
- If we offer any services at a later date that may be billable, we will let you know in advance.
Are there group education classes?
- Yes, for example, we will be offering nutritional classes in a group setting.
- There will be a Diabetes Prevention program offered that will include group classes.
Do I need to be a patient of Amberwell?
- You do not need to be a patient of Amberwell to participate in the program
Do I need to live in a certain zip code?
- This program is for residents of Atchison, and surrounding areas