This is a FREE program that focuses on self-monitoring of your blood pressure with individualized support, and teaches lifestyle techniques through nutrition educations. During the four-month program, you will learn how to get healthier and stay that way.
The Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program is a 4-month program that includes ten minute consultations with a program facilitator during drop in office hours, weekly check-ins from the program facilitator by phone, email or text, and monthly nutrition education seminars.
Supported the whole time by a trained, certified Healthy Heart Ambassador, as a participant in this program you will:
Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosed with high blood pressure by a health care provider
- Taking prescription medication to control or manage high blood pressure
- Do not have an irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias)
- Do not have swelling in the limbs due to abnormal buildup of fluids (often caused by cancer treatments that remove or damage your lymph nodes)
- Have not experienced a cardiac event in the last 12 months, such as a heart attack or stroke
How to Sign Up
If you are interested in joining the HHA-BPSM Program, please fill out this self referral form.