Hiawatha, August 10, 2023 –The new Senior Life Services program at Amberwell Hiawatha provides outpatient group therapy to support seniors fighting depression and anxiety.
Through guided discussion with a trained counselor, participants build meaningful relationships and receive support for issues seniors commonly face like depression, anxiety, medical illness, difficult relationships, grief, loss, and trauma.
The service's launch will be marked with an Open House event, welcoming the public to explore the program and meet the staff.
- Date: August 30, 2023
- Time: 11:30am to 1:30pm
- Location: Amberwell Hiawatha, 300 Utah St., Building B, Suite 320, Hiawatha, KS
Addressing a Critical Need
Depression and anxiety among seniors are issues whose effects are often underestimated but can have a profound impact on quality of life. 8 million adults aged 65 and over suffer from anxiety, and over 5 million remain untreated. Senior Life Services at Amberwell Hiawatha offers a step forward in addressing these pressing mental health needs.
About the Event
KNZA will be broadcasting live from the Open House event. Attendees will also have the opportunity to:
- Meet Amberwell’s team of seasoned professionals and learn about the range of evidence-based therapies and interventions offered to help seniors manage and overcome depression and anxiety.
- Explore the facility, which has been carefully designed to create a comfortable and safe environment for clients.
- Enter a raffle and have a chance to win prizes.
- Participate in KNZA’s putt-putt challenge to win a golf cart