We welcome visitors and guests in our Amberwell Atchison facility and recognize that you are an important part of a patient’s stay and recovery. Below is information we hope will be helpful to you but if you need additional information, please contact any member of our staff and we will do our best to assist you.
Support and help from friends and family can speed the healing process so Amberwell Health encourages visitors whenever possible.
We do ask that you follow some guidelines which have been established to provide our patients with a positive healing environment.
- If you have any signs or symptoms of a cold or other illness, please do not visit. We know this will be hard for you and your loved one but it is in their best interest.
- To help ensure their safety and health, children 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting a patient and permission from a nurse is required for any visiting child under six years old.
- Please check with a nurse before bringing food or beverages to a patient. Often patients have very specific dietary orders or restrictions and other items can hinder the recovery process.
- If a patient is in isolation which will be clearly marked on their patient room door, please check with a nurse. We will be happy to guide you through the process so that you can visit but remain safeguarded from the spread of infection.
General visiting hours are from 8am to 8pm daily but based on the patient’s condition and other special circumstances, visiting times may vary. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of each patient and their family while still ensuring a restful environment for recovery. If you’d like to visit outside of general visiting hours, please talk with your loved one’s nurse.
Outside of the ICU, a sofa is available in each patient’s room that can be used for overnight accommodation. One family member may stay with each patient unless contra-indicated by their condition but please remember, you need your rest too! In the case of pediatric patients under the age of 12, however, a parent, grandparent, or guardian must stay with the infant or child.
Food Service and Vending Machines
The cafeteria is open from 6am to 6:30pm daily to provide for our patients.
For guests, the cafeteria is open from 7:30am to 4pm, Monday through Friday and 8am to 2pm, Saturday and Sunday.
11am–2pm, Saturday & Sunday
Grab and Go
7:30am–2pm, Saturday & Sunday
Vending machines are located in the cafeteria as well as in the emergency department.
To protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff, Atchison Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus. If you wish to smoke, to include electronic cigarettes, we respectfully request that you leave the property, including all parking areas, to do so.
Free wireless internet access is provided for all visitors to Amberwell Atchison to use with their personal handheld or laptop computers equipped with compatible wireless cards. To access the network (add directions from IT):
1. When inside the Amberwell Atchison building, turn on your computer or smartphone Wi-Fi.
2. Select “AH-Guest” from the list of available wireless networks and open your Internet browser.
3. You will be pointed to Amberwell Health’s splash page where you can review our Free Wi-Fi terms of service.
4. Click on the “Accept” button to establish your Free Wi-Fi connection.
Contact Us With Your Questions
If you have questions concerning visiting hours or to find the best times to visit your friends and family members feel free to Contact Us.
Click here to view a map of our Amberwell Atchison location.