What Is Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy?
Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy (HET) is a simple, gentle, minimally non-invasive, yet effective non-surgical treatment option that eliminates mild to moderate internal hemorrhoids without pain. The treatment applies gentle hemorrhoid tissue compression and low-grade heat energy to the hemorrhoids—thus reducing the blood flow to the hemorrhoids and significantly shrinking their size.
Why You Should Consider HET
- The treatment takes just a few minutes to perform, and can be done during a screening
colonoscopy or on its own.
- Most patients can resume their normal routines the same day following the procedure or the next day.
- The HET treatment is virtually painless; the only discomfort being gentle pressure related to the instrument placement in the rectal vault.
- The HET treatment is very effective for grade 1 and 2 internal hemorrhoids and very helpful for grade 3 lesions. Patients with grade 4 internal hemorrhoids that cannot be reduced are not candidates for the HET procedure.
- Most patients undergo the HET treatment only one time for it to be completely effective.
- Soon after treatment, patients experience a prompt reduction in the size of their hemorrhoids and steady improvement in their symptoms over the next several days.
For More Information
Board-certified general surgeon Roderick Warren, MD, performs Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy at Amberwell Atchison and Amberwell Hiawatha. If you are interested in HET for your hemorrhoids, contact our Amberwell Surgical Care team for more information or to schedule a consultation to see if the procedure is right for you.