Add to Calendar
August 8, 2023 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Supported the whole time by a trained, certified Healthy Heart Ambassador, you will:
- Record your blood pressure at least twice per month. If you don’t have a blood pressure monitor, you will receive one with the program.
- Attend two personalized 10-to-15-minute consultations per month.
- Attend one 60-minute in-person Nutrition Education seminar per month.
Who is eligible?
- Adults age 18 or older residing in Atchison or surrounding areas
- Diagnosed with high blood pressure by a health care provider, or taking prescription medication to control or manage high blood pressure
- Do not have an irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias)
- Do not have swelling in the limbs due to abnormal buildup of fluids (often caused by cancer treatments that remove or damage your lymph nodes)
- Have not experienced a cardiac event in the last 12 months, such as a heart attack or stroke
Frequently asked questions
Is there a fee for this program?
- This is a FREE program!
What if I don’t have a blood pressure monitor?
- Home blood pressure monitors will be available FREE of charge if you join the program!
Do I need a referral for this service?
- No referral required!
How to Participate:
No Referral Needed. For more information, sign up online, email CHWTeam@amberwellhealth.org, or call 913-674-2364.